Auditions for Priscilla, Queen of the Desert
Book by Stephan Elliott and Allan Scott
Arranged by Stephen “Spud” Murphy
Director/choreographer: Eden Lane
Assistant director/choreographer: Bob Hoppe
Music Director: Andrew Fischer
Based on the popular 1994 film of the same name, Priscilla, Queen of the Desert follows two drag queens and a transgender woman who buy a run-down bus called Priscilla and set out on a road trip across the Australian Outback. During their journey, the trio encounters an array of Australian citizens, some of whom aren’t receptive to their lifestyle, but they persevere, while strengthening their own friendships.
This high-energy production features dance hits including It’s Raining Men, I Will Survive, Hot Stuff and Girls Just Wanna Have Fun.
Run Dates: April 21-May 28, 2017 at the Aurora Fox Arts Center. Fridays and Saturdays at 7:30pm and Sundays at 2:00pm.
Audition Dates: Saturday, January 21, 10:00am-3:00pm & Sunday, January 22, 5:00-8:00pm at the Aurora Fox Arts Center. Click the button to the right to schedule an audition.
Rehearsal: Rehearsals begin March 20. A detailed schedule will be available at auditions.
Your Audition: Please prepare 16-32 bars of a song and a one-minute monologue in the style of the show, total time not to exceed three minutes. An accompanist will be provided. Karaoke tracks and a capella auditions will not be heard.
- Tick/Mitzi (Male, 30-50, Baritone-Tenor) Middle aged and unremarkable, Tick is both a discontented drag queen, and the estranged husband of Marion and father of 8-year-old Benji.
- Bernadette (Transgender Female or Cis-gender Female 35-60) Quietly dignified transgender woman who once starred in ‘Les Girls’- full of old Hollywood charm with both wit and sensitivity.
- Adam/Felicia (Male 18-35, Tenor) a flashy young drag queen and born performer with a bitchy streak. Has a tendency to get into trouble.
- Bob (Male 40-70) soft-hearted mechanic who spent years traveling the world only to find out he was better off where he started.
- The Divas (Male or Female 18-40) strong performers with a disco-bent.
- Shirley (Female 40-60) bartender/waitress with good comic senses.
- Marion (Female 30-50) Hotel entertainment manager and Tick’s estranged wife/mother of Benji. Strong, direct and accepting.
- Miss Understanding (Male 20-45) Fabulous drag queen/host
- Benji (boy 7-12) Tick and Marion’s young son.
- Ensemble (Male and Female 18-50) Singers/dancers includes roles of Cynthia, Farrah, Young Bernadette, Jimmy, Frank and male and female ensemble
Questions: If you have any questions, please contact the box office at 303-739-1970.
Location: Aurora Fox Arts Center
The Aurora Fox is a small professional theatre in the heart of the Aurora Cultural Arts District. The Aurora Fox offers the residents of the Denver metro area professional, Broadway-quality performances in a smaller, intimate, accessible performing space. Our goals are to bring new and distinct plays to the metro region for both our main stage and black box Studio Theatre.