Employment Opportunities at the Aurora Fox
We are always on the lookout for contract help with the Theatre. Contact Us today with your resume!
We are actively seeking the following:
Job Title: House Manager and Box Office Assistant — Temporary
Closing Date/Time: Continuous
Salary: $10.00 Hourly
Job Type: Temporary
Location: Aurora, Colorado
|This person is the first point of contact for patrons visiting the Aurora Fox. Work requires excellent customer service skills, professional appearance and demeanor, have temperament, tact and courtesy to meet with the public and to deal with difficult public relations situations, ability to work independently and to make quick decisions as needed, knowledge of basic accounting, working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel. This person will be trained on turn-key ticket management software, emergency policies and other specific duties as needed.This position is a part-time as needed up to 12 hours per week.|
|Primary Duties and Responsibilities:|
|House Manager is responsible for opening and closing the theatre including the following detailed duties: arrive 1 hour 15 minutes prior to performance; upon arrival, check outside for obvious trash; unlock doors, turn on indoor/outdoor lights, check restrooms/house for cleanliness and comfort; set up concession area; greet and train usher staff, making sure playbills are stuffed and ready; place ticket bowls and playbills in the house and close house doors; communicate with Box Office staff and Stage manager for start of performance; count tickets and restock concession area; assist with concessions during intermission, communicate with stage manager for start of ACT II; return beverages to back-room refrigerator; count/verify concession cash; at the end of show, remain in the house area until all patrons have left; lock front doors; check bathrooms and house for any problems that need to be communicated to cleaning service; when backstage is clear, secure all doors, close house doors, turn off lights; set alarm, dismiss guard.Box Office Assistant is responsible for greeting will-call patrons as well as processing walk-up ticket sales; arrive 2 hours prior to performance; check and clear phone messages; return reservation calls; print pre-performance ticket reports; prepare tickets, cash, set up will-call; greet will-call customers and single ticket buyers; acknowledge VIP patrons and identify to House Manager; reconciliation of cash, credit cards; coordinate with House Manager to reconcile attendance;run concession area at intermission; process cash for concession sales, put in safe.|
|Equivalent of 1 year of customer service experience. Interest and background in the performing arts helpful.Licenses, Certificates or Equipment Required: This position may require the incumbent to occasionally use personal equipment (e.g. vehicle, cell phone, tools, etc.) in the course of their employment.|
by Aurora Fox on Thursday, October 14, 2010 at 2:25pm
Expand your resume, gain new skills, get specific training in social media and new authentic marketing, make important connections with community leaders, have fun and make new friends.
Unlike many internship programs, our interns will receive over 30 hours of formal training in the latest marketing techniques including social media and customer development. This internship will combine both classroom-style training and one-on-one mentoring. As an intern, you will also get plenty of hands-on experience including project development and management for our Mainstage Ambassador Program.
We are seeking an intern to learn the latest in Authentic Marketing and help us expand community awareness. This internship is easy to complete while you’re in school or working another job. It’s a perfect opportunity for entrepreneurs who are growing their own business but need new marketing knowledge, and for people seeking a career change or expansion who need to develop skills and build their resume. The dedicated team of professionals at The Aurora Fox and nationally recognized marketing consultants will support you every step of the way.
You will get the opportunity to:
* Discover what goes into effective video promotions and branding;
* Be part of developing written content – newsletter articles and other collateral materials;
* Project manage a social media outreach program;
* Meet really cool people;
* Experience really great theatre
Internship requirements include:
* A commitment of 5 hours per week over a twelve-week period;
* The ability to work independently on written projects;
* The ability to work with a team on creative marketing development;
* Outgoing personality and a passion for communicating with the public;
* Attend opening night performances and others as needed;
* Social media and video experience is desirable but not required
This is a non-paid internship for a non-profit arts organization. Compensation will include: extensive marketing training, theatre season tickets and professional contacts. Upon completion of the internship program, The Aurora Fox will provide you with professional references and encourage you to list us on your resume.
If you would like to come play and work with us here are instructions on how to apply. Please read carefully.
- Go to www.AuroraFox.org and peruse the site carefully to get a sense of who we are and what we offer our community.
- Send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief (no more than 2 paragraphs) description of what you can bring to the Aurora Fox as an intern, and how you feel you can help us create audience growth and excitement for our mainstage programming. Please do not send resumes.
- Include your schedule availability over the Fall and Winter 2010 including days and times of weeks you are available to work as well as any planned vacations or other conflicts. Please note: interns must be available some Friday and Saturday evenings for performances.
- Please include the name and email address of one professional or academic reference that we can connect directly about your suitability as a possible internship at The Aurora Fox.
We look forward to hearing from you.
- The Aurora Fox Team